Jakob Nielsen's Ten Steps for Cleaning Up Information Pollution:
- 1. Don't check your email all the time.
- 2. Don't use "reply to all" when responding to email.
- 3. Write informative subject lines for your email messages.
- 4. Create a special email address for personal messages and newsletters.
- 5. Write short.
- 6. Avoid IM unless real-time interaction will truly add value to the communication.
- 7. Answer common customer questions on your website using clear and concise language.
- 8. User test your intranet.
- 9. Don't circulate internal email to all employees; instead put the information on the intranet.
- 10. Establish a company culture in which it's okay not to respond to email immediately.
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:36:15 +0000